When I was a little girl, we only ate out on rare occasions. And it was usually Arby's. Sometimes we'd have a special lunch with Grandma Maria at McDonalds. We are raising Ava quite differently. We go out to eat at least once a week to causal dining restaurants. Ava can name all of our favorite restaurants in town and what she orders at each.
Aunt Donna watched Ava one of the days while we were in Europe. She asked Ava what she wanted for lunch:
Ava: I want mac & cheese.
Donna: Well, I was going to take you to a restaurant.
Ava: Okay. I want mac & cheese at a restaurant.
Donna called Shari, wondering what restaurant would have mac & cheese. Shari couldn't think of any. When she got off the phone, Ava said, "We can just go to The Outback." Duh, Donna! That is where Ava eats mac & cheese! Never mind the fact that the closest Outback is 90 miles away! :-)
So I guess Ava missed her restaurants more than she missed her parents.
Thanks, Donna, for tolerating Ava. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment