Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ca-CHING!

Our credit card company is loving us. In the past week we have bought 5 pairs of shoes (two of which have gone back), a GPS unit, hotels, new underwear and socks, Easter candy, etc. We are raking up the bills even before we leave. I think it was on midnight on Friday after staring at Google Maps that we just decided to get the GPS unit. That means we will be saving 3.2 trees by not printing all the driving directions. One less thing to do on my list! And Todd is sooooo excited to get a new toy! We'll have to try some geocaching this summer to get our moneys' worth.

We got a place booked in Siena. I sent out 57+ emails to places in Cinque Terre, and so far we have two options. Pray for more. I haven't even started looking in Garmisch, so I hope that isn't the weekend when all of Germany decides to go skiing. I am waiting a day to hear from another hotel before booking in Munich and I think we are all set for the night before we drop off the car. It will be a load off my mind to get all the hotels nailed down.

Then I can start listing options for restaurants, scheduling every moment of our days, learning more Italian . . . I hear there are professional travel agents who do this stuff. I wonder how much they get paid?

No comments:

Post a Comment