Uncle Henry is going to be in Rome in April too. He'll be there from the 4th through the 12th or so. He'll be practicing a cantata during Holy Week with a choir from the US combined with a choir from Italy. His brother from Seattle invited him to join them. His sister-in-law from Atlanta will also join them. They'll be practicing Andrew T. Miller's cantata "The Birth of Christ." The soloists are Andrea Bocelli & Placido Domingo. Then they'll sing it for the Pope on Easter Sunday. He was given all the info on the protocol for meeting the Pope. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to be at the Vatican during Holy Week and on Easter, much less having an audience with Pope Benedict. There will be some sightseeing planned as well. Maybe he'll see you while you're in Italy if you're in Rome.
I think protocol for meeting the pope includes not wearing baby blue leisure suits.
I think protocol for meeting the pope includes not wearing baby blue leisure suits.

Congratulations on a sweet gig, Uncle Henry! Meet us at the Catacombs of San Callisto at 11:00 am on April 6.

Susanna, I'm excited for you and your upcoming trip. The St. Callixtus catacombs are only about 20 minutes from the Vatican, but we will be in rehersal all of holy week and I can't predict if I could get away to meet with you guys.
ReplyDeleteJust to set you straight -- that "baby blue liesure suit" is actually a powder blue vested suit. I have never owned a liesure suit, and they went in and out of style before you were born.
Safe travel to you and Todd and the in-laws! God Bless, Uncle Henry